November was an interesting month filled with the three F’s…Family, Food and Fun…
Here is what I learned this last thirty days…
1. I don’t care how little the doggie is or how nice they are normally, if you bring it into another dogs home, there are going to be problems.
2. Thanksgiving is not a time to try out exotic things. Stick to the standards. The minute you change something, you will NEVER hear the end of it, and Thanksgiving will be forever remembered as THAT dinner.
3. I still do not understand the purose of stuffing.
4. Alcohol turns any good cook into a great one! Trust me! Cook a good bird, great. Pour a good bottle of white wine in the pan and baste with the drippings mixed in…? FANTASTIC!!
5. Really? Stuffing?
6. T-Fal Roasting pan. Buy one! Worth every single penny!
7. Every year, we share something from our table with our neighbors. This year, one of them reciprocated. It was very unexpected, very tasty, and very much appreciated. Jesse and Maria…thank you SO very much!
8. Getting up at four-thirty in the morning to get the twenty-eight pound bird in the oven is totally worth it, if it means I get to spend even just another thirty minutes of time with my family and sharing in the “Pie Prayer.”
9. Stuffing? Anybody? Please? Why?
10. It all comes and goes so quickly. Before you know it, it’s nearly Christmas and right behind it…the New Year. From my family to yours, we wish you all One More…
One more hug…one more kiss…one more day together.
Go out and make it memorable!