Each year at this time, I think back over my life and look at all for which I am most thankful. The obvious and constants are always my family, but there are other things in this world that sometimes prove to be almost as important as that loving and crazy group of people with which I happen to share a bloodline. Here is a small sample:
- Bad drivers…for if you did not exist, the rest of us wouldn’t look as good as we do!
- Undisciplined children…you are still the BEST birth control available.
- Shopping malls…you prove that Hell exists. Therefore, there must be a Heaven.
- Indoor plumbing…think about it.
- Coffee…it warms me when I am cold, refreshes me over ice and as an asthmatic, it is a godsend. An instant opener-upper between puffs of the almighty #6
- Inhalers/Nebulizers…breathing is wonderful. I recommend it to everyone, all the time. Sometimes for me, it’s difficult. I would not be here if not for these little gizmos.
- Politicians and the loud-mouthed wanna-bees…when I need a good laugh, you are always there for me. Really, thanks!
- Rude people…you still serve as a great reminder that I am living life right, and will always make my parents proud.
- Car stereos…crank you up, and you keep my sanity in tact while on the road with all the loonies (see #1). Is this Heaven?
- Fearless, intelligent, outspoken youth…you have old souls with fresh new thoughts, and you give me much needed hope for the future.
So…from my house to yours, a very Happy Thanksgiving and here’s to a stress free Holiday season!