Been a different month with a lot of fun things and some not-so-fun things…but through it all, I’ve learned a lot about me and the people by my side on this journey. And after all, isn’t that what life is all about?
- I bleed Green and Gold in Spring and Summer; Teal and Black in Fall and Winter, and those colors do not change. I am not a bandwagon jumper. I am not fickle. Please don’t ask me to stray to another side just because my team didn’t win or because of the proximity? I would not ever ask such a thing of you.
- Getting old is not for the weak of heart, but it sure beats the alternative.
- If you want to learn the true nature of someone, take away one of three things: money, children, cell phone. May the Gods help anyone who takes all three.
- “Art imitates Life,” and vice-versa, is very true. I write, in accordance with what is going on in life, and I didn’t realize it until Book III, The Traveler. There is an underlying story that is playing out right now in my work-life scenario. Writing it into the dialogue has actually helped me deal with it. Makes me wonder how it will play out when I come to the end? Stay tuned...
- Hackers are the most talented and intelligent people alive. Too bad they are so stupid.
- Writing is a lot like carpentry. Measure twice, cut once. In other words, there is nothing wrong with more than one edit of the work.
- Auto-tune is meant for music only. Unfortunately, even the publishing world has its own form of auto-tune. Very unsettling how many people it.
- We never really outgrow high school. Somewhere down the road of life, it rears its ugly head and surprises you when you least expect it. Often, more than once.
- Two words…Denzel Washington. (sigh!)
- If anyone wants to push me away, piss me off or offend me, all you have to do is try one of the following: 1) Tell me how to think, 2) Tell me what to believe, 3) Tell me what is best for me. Many have tried, none have succeeded. Few have gone on to call me friend ever again.
And, by the way…